When I was young I created a bold plan,
Nothing could stop me from being a man,
A man of courage, of faith, of love,
Always receiving help from above.
The first steps were easy to make,
Always being honest and never fake.
The world was mine in every way,
But new choices arrived every day.
I wanted too much and settled for greed
Not satisfied with only what I need.
I was too hasty and forgot my plan,
I could not conquer my inner man.
I’ve adjusted my plan to live with others,
The world is full of sisters and brothers.
That man in the mirror I always see,
A man of courage and faith, he could be me.
But I must be wise and stay with my plan
Choosing love as I conquer my inner man.
- VIVID! danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/viv…Share these stories and make comments. 3 weeks ago
- TEAMWORK danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/tea…Share these stories and make comments. 3 weeks ago
- danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/632…Share these stories and make comments. 4 weeks ago
- QUICKEN danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/qui…Share these stories and make comments. 4 weeks ago
- WHEN POWER S OFF danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/whe…Share these stories and make comments. 1 month ago
Choppin’ Cotton and Runaway Truck
Blogs I Follow
- Virginia Duran Blog
- Blogs about Food
- Collins Onyango
- Sassy Housewife
- Grandma Simpson's Kitchen in Roby Texas
- Lisa Ellis Williams
- Jennica Carmona
- Cindy Holman
- The Daily Post
- Short Poetry
- THE POET BY DAY
- 26,626 hits
Copyrightdanroberson, poetsenvy, and savings2envy, 2009-2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author and/or owner of these blogs is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dan Roberson and danroberson,poetsenvy, and savings2envy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.