My life has been a series of dark shadows,
behind smiles while avoiding truth.
Why should I have exposed my heart,Or stand my ground,
When others were around?
They could sacrifice their lives. But not me!
There was too much to do and see.
I hid from love, I hid from bullies.
I protected my friends. I had their backs
But I did not stand up for what was right.
I’m still alive and still hiding in plain sight.
My life is an open book,
Maybe you should take a look, before you condemn.
My voice grows louder,
Because my heart knows what is right.
I am exposed in plain sight,
And in the crush of crowds,
I want to shout out loud,
And talk about truth and sacrifice,
And about love. Always.
May 7, 2017
- HERE TODAY, GONE TOMOROW danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/her…Share these stories and make comments. 2 days ago
- TOMORROW IS THE BEST DAY danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/tom…Share these stories and make comments. 2 days ago
- catapult danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/cat…Share these stories and make comments. 3 days ago
- ADRIFT danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/adr…Share these stories and make comments. 4 days ago
- UNMOORED danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/unm…Share these stories and make comments. 5 days ago
Choppin’ Cotton and Runaway Truck
Blogs I Follow
- The Naga
- Doggies that take Selfies
- Frank Solanki
- Virginia Duran Blog
- Blogs about Food
- COMPELLING STORIES ON THE GO
- Sassy Housewife
- Grandma Simpson's Kitchen in Roby Texas
- Lisa Ellis Williams
- Jennica Carmona
- Cindy Holman
- The Daily Post
- 26,753 hits
Copyrightdanroberson, poetsenvy, and savings2envy, 2009-2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author and/or owner of these blogs is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dan Roberson and danroberson,poetsenvy, and savings2envy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.