“Don’t worry. These taxes are temporary.”
Is it my imagination, or just ordinary?
Nothing is temporary except things labeled permanent.
Even if it’s not solid and in cement.
“This marriage is temporary. It’s not forever.”
Forever is a word of honor and nothing can sever.
I’ll love you always, like it says in a song,
Or does it mean until someone better comes along?
Temporary means it’s here today, gone tomorrow,
I’ll return your money, I don’t like to borrow.
Another two weeks, you don’t have my money yet?
This is not what you promised, I’m getting upset.
If I keep asking, we will no longer be friends?
If I expect you to repay me, then this is the end?
Doctor, this lump is temporary, like you said?
Or did you mean I’ll soon be dead?
Road construction, take the alternate way,
You thought you’d return this same day?
My days are numbered, my life is almost through,
What have I learned that is always true?
I am just a reed bending in the wind,
I can’t extend my life, but I can give it for a friend.
The only things permanent are given from above,
And the most permanent of all is love, sweet love.
- HERE TODAY, GONE TOMOROW danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/her…Share these stories and make comments. 2 days ago
- TOMORROW IS THE BEST DAY danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/tom…Share these stories and make comments. 2 days ago
- catapult danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/cat…Share these stories and make comments. 3 days ago
- ADRIFT danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/adr…Share these stories and make comments. 4 days ago
- UNMOORED danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/unm…Share these stories and make comments. 5 days ago
Choppin’ Cotton and Runaway Truck
Blogs I Follow
- The Naga
- Doggies that take Selfies
- Frank Solanki
- Virginia Duran Blog
- Blogs about Food
- COMPELLING STORIES ON THE GO
- Sassy Housewife
- Grandma Simpson's Kitchen in Roby Texas
- Lisa Ellis Williams
- Jennica Carmona
- Cindy Holman
- The Daily Post
- 26,753 hits
Copyrightdanroberson, poetsenvy, and savings2envy, 2009-2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author and/or owner of these blogs is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dan Roberson and danroberson,poetsenvy, and savings2envy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.