In the western world individuals tend to be very selfish. There are a few exceptions. In special Olympics events there have been times when a participant goes back to help a fellow runner so they can cross the finish line together. The concept of winning meant nothing if another person was hurt or needed assistance.
In war or other times of battle soldiers have sacrificed themselves trying to help their fallen friends.
When my family moved to California from another state sixty years ago I was amazed to see sports for girls taught as a team concept. Watching girls play basketball together I was surprised to see a girl make a basket, and the game stop until players on both teams could clap and congratulate her. A few years later girl sports became more individualized.
In football and working in the fields I learned the necessity of being a team as I saw prejudice raising its ugly head. To protect others we had to work together.
- HERE TODAY, GONE TOMOROW danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/her…Share these stories and make comments. 2 days ago
- TOMORROW IS THE BEST DAY danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/tom…Share these stories and make comments. 2 days ago
- catapult danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/cat…Share these stories and make comments. 3 days ago
- ADRIFT danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/adr…Share these stories and make comments. 4 days ago
- UNMOORED danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/unm…Share these stories and make comments. 5 days ago
Choppin’ Cotton and Runaway Truck
Blogs I Follow
- The Naga
- Doggies that take Selfies
- Frank Solanki
- Virginia Duran Blog
- Blogs about Food
- COMPELLING STORIES ON THE GO
- Sassy Housewife
- Grandma Simpson's Kitchen in Roby Texas
- Lisa Ellis Williams
- Jennica Carmona
- Cindy Holman
- The Daily Post
- 26,753 hits
Copyrightdanroberson, poetsenvy, and savings2envy, 2009-2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author and/or owner of these blogs is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dan Roberson and danroberson,poetsenvy, and savings2envy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.