A Grandfather’s Questions
Who will clap at the baby’s first laugh,
And help her count the stars?
Who will listen for the dove’s call,
And sniff the fragrant flowers?
Who will encourage a child to grow,
And love her fellowman?
Who will take the time to explain,
To help her understand?
Will she ever learn how to respect,
The young as well as the old?
Will she discover over time
Love is more precious than gold?
Who will chant the songs,
I learned as a child?
Who will tell stories at night,
Of ancestors gone awhile?
Who will sniff and enjoy the taste,
Of Grandmother’s fresh baked bread?
And who will explain the Will of God,
When life is hanging by a thread?
Will someone hug her tightly,
And wipe away her tears?
Will someone answer her questions,
And soothe her endless fears?
April 23, 2017
- BLINDLY danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/bli…Share these stories and make comments. 2 weeks ago
- VIVID! danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/viv…Share these stories and make comments. 1 month ago
- TEAMWORK danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/tea…Share these stories and make comments. 1 month ago
- danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/632…Share these stories and make comments. 1 month ago
- QUICKEN danroberson.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/qui…Share these stories and make comments. 1 month ago
Choppin’ Cotton and Runaway Truck
Blogs I Follow
- Frank Solanki
- Virginia Duran Blog
- Blogs about Food
- COMPELLING STORIES ON THE GO
- Sassy Housewife
- Grandma Simpson's Kitchen in Roby Texas
- Lisa Ellis Williams
- Jennica Carmona
- Cindy Holman
- The Daily Post
- Short Poetry
- 26,721 hits
Copyrightdanroberson, poetsenvy, and savings2envy, 2009-2020 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author and/or owner of these blogs is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dan Roberson and danroberson,poetsenvy, and savings2envy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.